Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's so cold, that...


... we should really put away our snow gear since it's not getting much exercise anyways. It's just taking up space.
... we're making up beyond-the-usual silly games and things to do (hence, the picture).
... Marc and I invested in an elliptical machine since you can't even walk outside because of the ice, not the cold (and I'm trying to avoid gestational diabetes this time around).
... Ben is going on the toilet more! (this isn't a result of being indoors all the time, but I'm excited to share our progress!)
... I have a very detailed plan of how I am going to paint the rest of our house when I can open the windows again.
... I've been making some pretty incredible meals, if I do say so myself.
... we've probably ran the most miles in our house playing chase with Ben in the past month than we have outside in a year. And, the 4-year boys at church are impressed with Ben's increasing speed each week as a result.
... even though we haven't had a big snowfall in weeks, it feels as though we have. The piles are still as high as they were when we made them!
... any temperature about 10 feels balmy.
... the hard corp northerner is thinking about moving back to DC where there are warmer temps in the winter.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Okay, I know I've never lived in a place that rivals your winters. But NE Ohio was a lot closer than where I am now. The midwest has made a big fat baby out of me. Now I freak out at an inch of snow.
I feel for you. Do you want to know that its going to be in the 50s where I am this weekend? :)
Glad to see updates!

PA Grandma said...

Sweet, loving Ben. This new blog makes me cry as Ben looks my way. What a precious, precious child he is.... and I am sooooooooo anxious for end of February when all three of you are in PA!

Glad to read your updates.