Friday, August 22, 2008

What a find!

We had a banner morning as we ventured out just 15 miles north to a tree farm, but it's also a pick-your-own vegetables farm in the summer and fall. I (stupidly) didn't bring my camera, as this was QUITE the find! Acres among acres there were 100-foot gardens chalk-full of various vegetables. I've never seen anything like it. There were eight varieties of peppers, three kinds of basil, four types of tomatoes, zucchini, squash, eggplant, and flowers GALORE to pick for bouquets. Needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed and wishing I had more knowledge of what to do with all these things. I totally need to go back with more of an agenda.

We got a healthy shopping bag full of basil, 2 kinds of zucchini, 13 tomatoes (pink and yellow), purple and green bell peppers, as well as cubanelle peppers... all for around 7 smacks.

Unbelievable!

3 comments:

kclblogs said...

sounds a.ma.zing! and that picture looks so right on your blog, with your color choices.

Rae said...

Yummity-yum-yum!

AnnaMarie said...

oooooh, jealous!