Monday, April 7, 2008

Baby Lamb



Out of all the stuffed animals and dolls that Ben has to choose from, his current favorite "baby" is a lamb wearing a cardigan. He rocks the lamb and talks quietly to it as if it's about to go to sleep. It's really dear to watch!

Today, Ben comes up to me with his diaper wipes box and says in a softer voice in some baby mumble I wish I could actually spell out and I suggest that we go change his diaper. Well, when we got to the bathroom, not only had Ben gotten out his diaper pad and had the wipes in hand ready to go, but who else was ready for the diaper change on the pad but Baby Lamb? I just about fell over, it was so darn cute! (Okay, you know it's your kid when you think anything he does is that cute!) I opened up the wipes box, Ben took out a wipe and wiped Baby Lamb's bottom. I helped put a diaper on and off he went to sooth his baby and rock.

(And just a few moments after rocking his baby, he was busy banging on the wall with his hammer... these sweet moments don't last forever!)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Lydia did that with"Pat" the bunnie, from the book, "Pat the bunnie."

How sweet!

Jen CD

Rachel said...

Oh, sweet, sweet Ben. (Most of my comments will probably be more of the same, "Oh, sweet, sweet Ben.")

AnnaMarie said...

oh my, how darling!

PA Grandma said...

I've seen this lamb before. I am soooooooo glad Ben loves my gift to him. Next I am so anxious to see the two together the 1st week in May.

kclblogs said...

i'm so looking forward to getting to know ben better through these stories!