Thursday, April 24, 2008

Muesli

This is a recipe I wanted to share that I made recently. While I was in VS in Washington, DC, my housemate enlightened us about this wonderful cereal that she learned to make while spending a year in Germany. It makes a TON and it's SO GOOD (and good for you! HOLY FIBER!!!)! I'm trying to get more creative with this recipe and I think next time I'm going to substitute the mini chocolate chips (GASP!) for dried blueberries or something of that nature. One thing that I enjoy about the process of making this cereal is when I go to the co-op and spend some serious time in the bulk section collecting a cup of this and a cup of that. I find it fun!

Here's the extensive list of ingredients:

12c quick oats (toast for about 10 minutes)
2 c steel cut oats (again, toast 10 minutes)
2 c mini chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate regular-sized chips and ground the chips to make them smaller)
1 c sunflower seeds
1 c peanuts
1/2 c almonds, chopped
1 c sesame seeds
1 c flax seeds
1 c toasted soy beans
1 c wheat germ
1 c wheat bran
4-6 c grape nuts cereal

Mix it all together.

Seriously, this will last for-EVER!

3 comments:

kclblogs said...

holy fiber is right! that looks amazing.

AnnaMarie said...

That looks so good! Thanks for posting.

How's Ben?

Anne said...

Dude, I LOVE this stuff! I haven't made it in ages, but maybe its time. Mmmmm...Chocolate Muesli!