Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Grandma Time



For the past few years we have been living in Wisconsin, Marc's mom, Joanne, has been coming for a week in the spring to visit. She helps us so much, it's almost like we're sitting around twiddling our thumbs after she leaves since there's nothing more to do (except for the Ben factor). This week she's keeping busy with taking long walks (while Ben runs) to the nearby gardens, parks and just plain old around. While Ben sleeps, she does little odd and end jobs that add up to be a lot, including the dishes every night and giving Ben a bath. Ben, of course, soaks up this attention like a sponge and can't believe his good fortune that he gets her to himself all week long! It's really quite amazing how together we feel after her visits. We're well-rested, clean, fed and ready for another round of life with just ourselves until she comes around the following spring.

9 comments:

kristin said...

oh, this reminds me of when my mom is here...more laundry done in days than in months by us alone. dang.

kclblogs said...

i've got this now, with mark's mom visiting for the month. amazing what two extra, willing hands will do! we're so lucky that our family members can and will come to us.

Rachel said...

Oh yes, (sigh). Rest and clean dishes and happy babies.

Jen said...

There's your balance, Claire!

Jen CD

AnnaMarie said...

Grandparents are just the best!!

PA Grandma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PA Grandma said...

Well, in actuality... I'm the one who got the prized gift... a daughter-in-law who gifted me a warm welcoming invitation to come and stay in their small four room apartment for six whole days. That's a gift I'll forever treasure as the many miles separate us from PA to WI. During those days we shared so many good times together.... and now I feel very blessed.

PA Grandma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PA Grandma said...

Forgive me. I am still learning to be a blogger. While I learned to edit my lines... I see that spot is still noted.

Well, at least I learned who to set up my own site. Check it out and you'll learn more about Ben:

www.mwlcsiegrist.blogspot.com

My 62 year old mind is still being stretched.... but even then some stretched marks remain. Oh, well, I not remember one of my many mothering slogans to our three sons as they left for school:

"Do your best... and forget the rest."