Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Water Play



































We actually got a few days of weather that's warm enough to play with water outside and not worry about getting drenched. This brings Ben (and myself) great joy!

While growing up, my parents built a deck in our backyard with a little garden sink with a brass duck on the faucet. That duck faucet with a slow drip has made every toddler that has come to visit through those 20-something years of living there, joyfully occupied for HOURS. No exaggeration. My parents have moved to a different house and I miss that duck more than ever right now.

Anyway, we're moving in a few weeks, so I wasn't about to drag out our kiddo inflatable pool for just a few days. I also know that these few days of 80 degrees are rare and won't stick around for long. Instead, I filled up our cooler and made some soapy water. Between that, a few balls and buckets, and the hose, we had one happy little boy for a few hours.

Now it's a few days later, the cool(er) air has returned to the lower 60's and Ben is wondering why he can't play in the water like he did before. Sigh. Welcome to springtime in Wisconsin, my love. Summer will be back again soon.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome, water! I am soooooo ready to be immersed in it (especially Lake Huron)

You guys need to get yourselves over to Family Camp......Lake Shavehead is calling that little boy! Just come for part of the week if you can.

Jen CD

kclblogs said...

oh, and speaking of family camp, i found out last weekend that leah and sam will be there the same week we are -- extra incentive for you!